Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Okay. So I went running just now around the west lake. Okay maybe not around the 17km route but just a small portion of it. I ran for about 10mins at a 4:30 pace and I died. That is epic. My cardiovascular fitness is at its lowest. Okay. My overall fitness. I'm in a state which I've never imagined to be.

But that's besides the point. I went out in my usual running gear as I would in Singapore, a singlet which read "screw calm, go running" which was a gift from my friend who visited me in Vietnam and my army running shorts. At first I didn't notice it at first but as I ran and started observing my surrounds, I noticed people staring and me, some even laughing. Seems like the running culture isn't really strong here to see people in running split shorts. My colleague also exclaimed when I told him I want to go run. He said why! Haha guess the idea of keeping fit and healthy is still rather primitive here.

Lying on my rooftop deck chair where the winds blowing towards the west lake, I can't help but feel as though everything have been moving so fast. Few months ago, I never thought to be right here in Vietnam, where chaos is the the only constant on the city. Okay. I shall just end here. I'm too lazy to carry on. Sitting on this deck chair and listening to some lounge house music is making me too nua......

No comments:

Post a Comment