Thursday, August 16, 2012

The final count down!!!



The past 24 hrs leading up to this day has been rather hectic, last min meet ups, changing of currency and worst of all, packing. But today isn’t the day I rant about it.

I arrived at Changi Airport expecting a small group of friends to send us off but was greeted by big groups of friends, mainly from hall. I kinda felt bad because I couldn’t attend to everyone (including my family, guilty much) who came down to send us off. A big part of me was grateful for the unspoken bonds formed throughout my stay in hall with a small part of me lingering to stay on. BUT, here I am going for exchange, looking ahead for the new friends and opportunities out there. Picture after picture with different groups of people, it felt harder for me to leave and kept pushing off the boarding time till it was really time to go. I guess that reflected how much hall meant to me the past year.

To HOBY, again I must say I wished I could have spent more time with you bunch of crazy people during camp and I’m quite grateful for those post camp outings which gave me the opportunity to know you guys better. It was an honor being your senior cum super lousy fake freshie (in my defence, my aim was just to know get to know you all better the first 2 days and not become a Terence-like true fake freshie if you know what I mean… hehe) and hall will definitely be awesome with you guys around! Do remember to keep the hoby team spirit and not leave your seniors and GLs out of your crazy gatherings! You guys were the ones that reminded be of my freshie days and what kept hall interesting for me last year. If need anything bout hall/school/or even personal stuff just holla at me on whatsapp or fb chat!

To HOBY seniors, hahah you people are the most awesome seniors and though I may not have really known some of you well prior to the camp (somehow I’m like a frog in the well, always hiding out in my room studying), I believed that we all carried the flame of hall 2 in us and passed it down to the freshies (look at all the welfare and dedication man…). Also a special shout out to Haroro and Tim Tams for embracing us into the OG, if not for them our special combo will not come to play.

To that special breed of Blk 5vers. Haha somehow I’ve heard of complaints that blk 5 is dead. Pretty sad bout that but I guess it really shows how a small group of people can bring life into something inanimate. I don’t really need to say much here because ‘I don’t say, you understand can already.’ But it was real fun and chillax having that lepak corner around and you guys making it the place to gather.

To my good friends, don’t worry I will save the world. Eggy as the top 3, you will have a shit load more responsibilities and lesser sleep. Don’t be a cranky morning person giving that grunt hahahaha and don’t eat so much. Xule… AH SCARED. Yah. And get me a room for year 4. Eh thanks. Chee yong, rmb I will still hold your hand and never let you go metaphorically.

And finally to that special group of insane meepo! GOOD JOB on converting pok to the humsup side. She is finally having *** everyday and it’s evident that she’s becoming happier.  Till this day, I’m dam proud to be part of meepo and dam grateful that it did not die out like the other OGs, we’re like that crazy source that flowed down to fuel many other crazy stuff in hall 2! Just look at mark! *need not elaborate further* Will really miss you guys deep deep! First time I see pok cry for us sia (I think it was for us ah. Pok please clarify k!)  But till this day, im really really grateful to you guys for it was what started hall life for me. Gonna miss training with you markie! Jordan you better fucking study this sem. Don’t think you VP, 99,95% already then don’t need to study. Tiffy thanks for the good luck luohan forehead blessings. Candice & Bhim, Justin…. Omg I think if I start listing everybody out 1 by 1 im gonna miss my connecting flight in dubai. But know I <3 you all deep deep!

Okay moving on, haha it was hard to leave everyone at the departure gate without that weird feeling in the heart so I had to do it quickly as it was 30min to depature. We actually ran to our gates. Right now as I type this, I’m in transit to Dubai. To summarize everything, I will really miss you all even if your name isn’t mentioned here, you will all be classified as ‘crazy fuckers who made my day in hall 2’  okay starting to type rubbish. Gonna start heading to the gate already.

Side note: was kind of disappointed with the emirates service. The cabin crew didn’t even offer to help me find empty baggage compartments when mine was full! And dubai is really really really hot. Touched down at 0420 (GMT +4) and the heat was already sweltering. 33 freaking degrees in the wee hours of the morning! You could actually see the radiation from the ground too! Luckily it was only a short walk from the docking stairs to the shuttle bus. Another thing, dubai’s airport wifi suck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment